6 Reasons Why You Should Be Betting on the NHL
The NHL drops the puck on the 2018-19 season on Wednesday, October 3. But unless you are a fan of the league, you probably had no idea. With the NFL and college football in full swing and the NBA season right around the corner, the NHL just doesn’t get as much attention from sports bettors. It’s a shame but that’s all the more reason to focus on NHL. Here are six reasons why you should be betting on the NHL:
- There’s less competition. With the other major sports all in action, hockey takes a backseat for many bettors. Most big bettors focus on football and basketball due to its popularity and bigger betting limits. As a result, there are fewer bettors fighting over good numbers and it’s easier to take of advantage of mistakes by the sportsbooks.
- Lines are weaker. Sportsbook directors are spending most of their time and effort on the sports where they get most handle. Hockey doesn’t qualify. There are more mistake lines by books and they aren’t staying on top of injury and late-breaking news as much in hockey.
- Information is harder to find. Since the NHL isn’t as mainstream as the other sports, you can often gain an informational edge just by scouring the web for advantageous tidbits. Injuries aren’t scrutinized nearly as much and the sportsbooks don’t do a good job of evaluating the impact of scheduling and other nuances.
- Lots of wagering opportunities. The NHL is a daily sport and the betting card is full of options for sports bettors. You can wager on moneylines, pucklines, totals, periods, alternate lines and more. There’s lots to choose from and smart bettors can take advantage of some of these derivative lines by simply staying on top of the news.
- Hockey is a streaky sport. Teams can go on some ridiculous runs in the NHL. Hockey is more about team chemistry than other sports. When teams they’re clicking, they can play a level or two higher than they’re accustomed to. When they’re not, it can get ugly for even the best rosters in the league. Identify the current form for each team and you’re well ahead of the pack.
- BettorIQ handicapper Eric Waz is an NHL specialist. Waz has been successfully handicapping the NHL since moving to Las Vegas to become a professional sports bettor in 2010. You can team up with Waz for the entire NHL season for $899. That includes every pick Waz makes from opening day through the Stanley Cup Final in June. Daily, weekly and monthly subscriptions are also available. Get on board with a winning hockey bettor today!
Handicapper Eric Waz is fired up for the 2018-19 NHL season, which gets underway on Wednesday, October 3rd. The NHL markets are softer than other sports and Waz knows how to take full advantage. Get on board with a winning hockey bettor today.